Thank you for your help and support with the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, especially with the decision this morning for you to leave your children at the classroom door.
As a school, we are continuously following current guidance from the Department of Education (DfE) and Public Health England (PHE) to try and keep school open, however, it is possible that this advice may change and, as we are all parents, we may have to look at a partial or even full closure in the coming days and weeks.
We will keep you updated via our texting service and emails but in response to the ever changing situation we have already taken the following measures in school:
- Children to be dropped off at the classroom door and no parents allowed into school.
- All staff and children are regularly washing their hands.
- If children show any signs or symptoms during the day, school will contact parents immediately to collect them.
- We are not currently meeting for whole school assemblies.
- We are asking volunteers and external visitors not to come into school at present to minimise any potential spread of the virus.
- Our caretaker and cleaning staff are being extra vigilant when cleaning surfaces and have increased the frequency of cleaning door handles etc.
- Parent/Carer interviews and Special Needs (SEND) reviews are postponed until further notice.
- The visit to Conisbrough Castle for Class 6 and Class 8 has been cancelled and a refund will be issued at a later date.
- The Family Learning event planned for Monday 27th March has also been cancelled.
- Please can you make sure you keep your contact details up to date to ensure you receive any correspondence regarding closure and further developments. This letter will have been sent out to you by email and also a text alerting you to the letter. If you have not received both or either of these, you may need to check your details with the School Office. All letters can also be found on our school website www.anstonparkinfant.co.uk.
- We are not sending work packs home but the children do have book bags with reading books and reading challenges in their Journals and sponsored spellings to learn and practise. There are lots of links on our school website for English and Maths learning opportunities and all the children also have access to the online learning platform Purple Mash.
- Please stay safe, these are challenging times for us all and if there is anything school can do to help you, please do contact us. On a personal note, whilst I am safe I can drop off food/medicine to anyone who needs helps because they are having to self-isolate.
- Yours sincerely
- Mrs A Tyler